Wednesday 29 March 2017

Forum Closure

The hosts of the forum have announced that they are closing the service in June of this year.

Full announcement-

------------------------------------

It is with deep regret that I have to announce that I will be closing the forums system at the end of June.

The facts are stark, the rise of social media has meant that myff has long ceased to be a viable business.

We are now facing rising costs, aging infrastructure and the need to make everything work of https to avoid another decline in  what is already a dead duck anyway.

I love forums and the advantages they offer over facebook, and I hate to let down the thousands of people who still feel the same way.

But in the end the facts can't be denied and we either exercise a graceful shutdown with advance warning (and I will make forum exports available for a token donation or free to those who have paid for advert free) or we will soon find that things break and can't practically be fixed.

I can only offer my sincerest apology for the pain I know this will cause, It has been a pleasure to have helped create so many little communities over a stretch of more than ten years.

-------------------------------------

No comments: